x

Cash sales report and cash drawers sales do not match - help

I only use one device to take cash payments.  My cash sales report and the cash drawer sales numbers do NOT match up.  How can this be fixed?  The is causing a lot of extra work and worry about reporting/auditing.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Go back through your day and look at your sales.  I have seen in the past where a $20 sale was entered into a $200 sale.  An easy way to rectify this problem is to create items and do not sell anything without an item.  It is a lot of work in the beginning, but it is so worth it in the end!

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

Thanks for stepping in @swts4u 🙏

@sherrilonglake If you already combed through your cash transactions and still cannot figure out the discrepancy,  reach out to our CS Team so they can take a deeper look. 

Keep us updated! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

This is the year 2023 ... still nothing.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @sherrilonglake @WBinc, I am sorry to hear you guys seem to be some discrepancies with your cash reporting. I certainly want to make sure this gets resolved. To better assist I do recommend reaching out to Customer Support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport.

For account security I will not be able to dive into your reporting here in community, but our direct support team can, and they would be happy to assist. 

Message 5 of 5