x

Category page not appearing in store editor.

Hi. I was able to create two category pages in my store and make some edits. Now they are gone from the editing options. I believe I should be able to go to the category page by selecting it from the drop down in the upper left. I see Standard Pages and Item Pages, but no Category Pages. I know they exist! They magically appeared once, and now they're gone. Help?

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 11.17.46 AM.png

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Alumni

Hey @SteelheadStudio I think I can help! In your screenshot, do you see the +Add button next to the Page: Home drop down menu? You'll see the option to add category pages there. Here's a visual:

Have you tried that route already? Let me know if you're still not able to add categories so I can reach out to my Ecom Team for a hand. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 16

Thank, @JustinC 

I am able to access that menu, but the Category option is grayed out. I tested the Section, Page, and Item links in the drop down and they all work. But not Category.

And just FYI, I can add a Featured Categories section to the home page, which still generates the category page. I just can't access the category page itself to make edits.

I look forward to more ideas you may have. Thanks!

Message 3 of 16
Alumni

Hmm, strange. Sorry you're still having trouble. I surfaced your issue to our Ecom Team but they don't see a reason why you aren't able to add a categories page. They would like to continue troubleshooting over the phone when you have time. Give them a ring here.

@SteelheadStudio

Justin
Message 4 of 16

Apparently, it's grayed out for you too, according to the image you posted.

And, it is grayed out for me too. See attached image.SquareImage.jpg

Dimitris
Message 5 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Skoutariotis

Take a look at this thread where another seller asked a similar question. Do you know if you are using an Orders Page template? If you are, can you please try switching your template to a Shop All template?

Let me know if this worked for you. I'll keep my eyes open for your reply. 

Thank you.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 16

How do you switch the template? 

Message 7 of 16

Hey @Tomaquagmuseum,

Check out this thread for a guide on how to change your site's template. 

PS. Welcome to the Seller Community 👋 

Message 8 of 16

I have created my categories and have items in those categories with photos etc.  How do I now take those categories and add them to my home page website to be visible to purchase.  I have went to the category section but I can not find a way to post them

Message 9 of 16
Alumni

Hey @christianalex

I answered a similar question with screenshots that shows where to add category pages to your website. I merged you to the thread so you can see.

Hope this helps! 

Justin
Message 10 of 16

First off thank you for responding.  I am having the same issues as the other person. The category is grayed out and will not let my click on the link.  Have you heard of any resolution to this?

Message 11 of 16

Hi there, @christianalex - thanks for reaching out to us here on this thread. 

It looks like the previous Community Member who was having this issue had to reach out to our Support Team directly for troubleshooting. Would you mind flagging this over to them? They can get some eyes on it and walk through extensively with you.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Joe
Message 12 of 16

This still not resolved in 2023... No updates to any threads about it in years. 

Message 13 of 16

Hello there @fkhaykin 

These errors most of the times are individual. For this reason I recommend you reach out to our Square Online support team so they can shine a light here and point you in the right direction. They can be reached at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Message 14 of 16

Items listed in Category but not displaying on Category Webpage.

Message 15 of 16
Alumni

Hey there! You can make a category page for your site from the the website editor. This thread I moved you to provides instructions and screenshots 

@OKW

Justin
Message 16 of 16