x

Chip reader cable compatible with Samsung 7.0 tablet?

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7.0 tablet. I have been using my Square magnetic reader for over a year and all was well. However, with my new chip reader, I'm having difficulty getting it to work. I have done the following:

• I have gone to Square.com/setup and watched the videos and the instructions.
  • I have downloaded the upgrade of the register.
  • I'm connected to WiFi and my Bluetooth is on.  
  • My chip reader has been charged. 
  • I have selected the card reader setting for "contactless & chip reader."
  • I have pressed the button on the reader but don't get the 4 flashing yellow lights.  All I get is 4 steady green lights. 

Can anyone help me?  I don't know what to do next?  Why am I not getting the pairing lights?

Thanks,

Tamlyn

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Have you checked to make sure your tablet is compatible with the new reader?  I had a similar problem with the Galaxy 7.0 tablet and found out that it was not compatible with the reader because it was black.  Only the white one was compatible.  BUT, I didn't have the contactless reader, mine plugged in to the tablet (the first chip reader square came out with).  So, it may not be the cause of your problem but it's a place to start.

Message 2 of 3
Square

@tkretzer Thanks for the suggestion. 👌🏻 I think this is a great place to start! 

@Tamlyn You can check the compatibility of your device by visiting this site: https://squareup.com/compatibility.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 3