x

Customer code ?

Good morning everyone I tried reaching customer service and they asked me for a customer code if anybody knows how to acquire customer code please let me know thanks for your prompt reply

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Hi @MarquezFarms305.  Here’s the link to the Square Support main page.  When you click on “Call Us” (even if it says it is currently unavailable), the next screen shows the phone number and just below it your customer code.

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 7

How ridiculous to enforce needing a customer code that was NEVER given to us as a customer of Square.   Then they don't even provide it on your online dashboard like EVERY other company including banks.  Instead they make you call in to get it but in order to call in they require it, makes ZERO sense.  HELP

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

@ThePharmacy the customer code is on this contact page.  We do not have to call in to get it, and we never have.  Just bookmark that contact page page for quick reference in the future.  Whether it makes sense to you or not, this is the way Square has chosen to implement their account security for now.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 7

I assure you that your "customer code" is not on the contact page.  Feel free to attach a screenshot of yours as I have mine and there are only options to contact square support.  I also ensure you that there is no way of getting your customer code through your dashboard at all.  In regards to a hardware issue we're having to contact that specific department which you do need a customer code to even speak to a representative or the call gets disconnected and there are no other alternative options in the call prompt. Then upon calling the support number the chat representative gave me wouldn't even put a human on without a customer code either and have no other option but to enter one or they end the call. 

As for your mentality of "whether this makes sense or not, for security reasoning" I assure you it does't make sense and proof to this is the 100's if not thousands of topics on here for this exact issue will showcase the lack of sense it makes.  As it could've easily been avoided by providing this when you became a customer and they assigned this supposed code and/or providing it on your secure dashboard.  Claiming "security reasons" is ridiculous when any one of your banks you ca login to your dashboard and obtain your checking account number that is a lot more sensitive than a Square customer code.  

So thanks for taking the time to provide zero help or even accurate information for that matter.

Contact Page.png

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

Click on the Call Us. The code will be there

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

I shouldn’t have assumed you’d know to click on the “call us” button to get the code that applies to phone calls, I guess, even though I did say to do so in the thread you replied to. So I’m sorry for that assumption, which turned out to be a bad one

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 7 of 7