x
Beta Member

Customize Square Message Email Template

Hello, I'm a Square Online seller and website designer for Square Online sellers.

I'm reaching out for direction for customizing the email template  and sender for Square > Square Messages 

1. Is it possible to customize the email template for email replies?

2. Can a sender profile (email address) be added to replace the default sender email address, "messenger@messaging.squareup.com"? 

Screenshot is attached for reference.

I appreciate any helpful guidance!

Square Messages Email ReplySquare Messages Email Reply

Susan J.
Square Online seller, website designer and artist
Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@taylorandjones I am pretty sure that is a negative on that one.  The reply address will be the one you set, but this is one of the things you see from places like mailchimp etc.  If you put your e-mail there but it came from square it looks like a spoof.  Is this something that you would want as a personal preference?

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Best Answer

@taylorandjones I am pretty sure that is a negative on that one.  The reply address will be the one you set, but this is one of the things you see from places like mailchimp etc.  If you put your e-mail there but it came from square it looks like a spoof.  Is this something that you would want as a personal preference?

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Thank you for taking time to send notes @Donnie-M 

I was curious about the ability to add/designate a sender profile for Square Messages (email) because we have this option in Square Online > Marketing > Email

Screenshots are attached.

Many thanks for any additional help!

square-online-sender-profile.pngsquare-online-email-sender.png

Susan J.
Square Online seller, website designer and artist
Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

@taylorandjones ok, I see now.  Thank you for the screen shots and I may have to dig a little more.  It looks like that is the messages part of square where receipts and what not come from.  It is different than the online templates for orders and receipts where you get the e-mail address but it will have <via weebly.com> or something in your e-mail client to where the e-mail was generated.

I will dig and see if this can be changed, I am not sure since this is the normal e-mail and marketing but from messages.  I know it only e-mails if you don't have a phone number on file for texts or opt out.  Good question though.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 9

I am curious about the ability to change the messaging template as well, only I'd like to change the header. Is there a way to change it from blue to another color? Or to just get rid of the blue altogether?

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hello @taylorandjones thanks for reaching out, this is a great inquiry. @Donnie-M is correct, it would be a feature request. I certainly understand your business need for this request and would suggest submitting a request.  If you need anything else please let me know. 

Message 6 of 9

Hello @CrunchCakeShop , I appreciate you reaching out. To better assist can you provide a screenshot of the messaging template you are referring to? Thank you. 

Message 7 of 9

Hi @MayaP ,

Thank you and so sorry for the delayed reply. As you can see in the attached screenshots, both the incoming and outgoing messages have a blue header on them. I would like to change them to white or possibly a color that complements my logo,

Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional information.

Blue Header - Outgoing Example.pngBlue Header - Customer Example.png

Message 8 of 9

Hello! 👋

At this time, this would be considered a feature request, @CrunchaCakeShop. We’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Messages. Our team monitors these boards, and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so! 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9