x

Deleted items no longer syncing with Etsy

Last week I did an art walk and had some items that I hadn't yet relisted on Etsy, so I added them manually in Square so I could sell them easier. These were in addition to 2 items that were already synced from Etsy. Yesterday, due to the service issues in the last 24 hours I wasn't able to sync from Etsy when I relisted those other items. Being a total noob to this, only about a year and never had syncing issues before, I thought the items I created manually, which were now sort of duplicated, was the issue: I also didn't yet know the about the outage. So, I deleted ALL my square items, I usually only have items synced from Etsy, and tried to sync. Due to the outage this accomplished nothing. I then signed out and tried to sign in, due to the outage this was impossible and I was at a standstill until this morning. Now, I'm able to sign in and sync. However, those 2 items that had already been synced and then deleted in square won't sync over. I just paid the relisting fees for those 2 items yesterday, they dropped off on the 5th as I hadn't chosen auto renewal. Other than making a copy of these 2 items, deleting the existing ones, and listing the copies. Is there a way to get them to sync? Also what is it that's making them not sync? They're on Etsy, they weren't deleted from there. It's just that square isn't syncing them. I assume it's along the idea of "he won't want to have to delete items again so let's not sync it." I would hope there's a way to fix it on the square end. I may have to wait for services to be fully restored but I'd like to know what I need to do.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Crawdaddydoo92 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community. I'm sorry to hear that your business was impacted by the issue on Thursday 😔 

We can confirm that Square Services are operational as of Friday, September 8. Our team is working diligently to complete its investigation into the issue, and we will update our Sellers as more information is available.

Are you still experiencing issues with your items syncing between Etsy and Square at this time? I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Yes, the issue still exists and I'm still waiting on a call from your higher tech support. I don't expect to hear form them until mid week. I also am expecting them to avoid the issue, vs fixing it. This issue is totally unrelated to the outage. It's happening because I deleted a synced Etsy item from the square side and now it sees I'm trying to sync the same item. I am not interested in creating a copy of the items just to get them to sync. I'm also waiting on help from Etsy, though I have at least heard from them once. Chances are both Etsy and Square will point the finger at the other. In reality, the issue can only be resolved from the Square end and it will involve fixing how the system handles re-syncing items that were deleted.

Message 3 of 3