x

Error updating invoice

I keep getting an error trying to create and send an invoice. I followed all trouble shooting steps and nothing seems to work. Help

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Same! I'm new to square but I've used it before on my mothers iphone. I can send invoices via laptop but not my iPhone or my Samsung tablet

Message 2 of 8
Alumni

Hey @Attitudelksowat and @Krustin77

Thanks for flagging. That definitely doesn't sound typical. I just tested it on my end and everything seems to sending okay. Can you send us a screenshot of the error you're seeing? Is there also a certain stage of the invoice that you're seeing it (i.e. after Add Customer or after pressing Send)?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 8

I can add customer, add item, and then when I press send invoice it says error updating your invoice

Message 4 of 8

I am having the same issue!  The error appears after hitting send.  There are no idicators that it is missing information or what the error is.

Message 5 of 8

I am having the same issue. 

I am new to Square.

This is my First Invoice. Upon hitting "Send" i get - "There was an error updating the invoice."

I've tried all Chrome, FF, and IE, cookies are enabled.

I get the same error on my Android phone and PC.

I've also tried changing the Invoice ID number. no resolution.

Eli2017-11-20_17-10-30.jpg

Message 6 of 8

When I would try to send the invoice on my phoneI would get an 'Error Sending Invoice'. I used my laptop this morning and was able to send them. Why is that?

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Thanks for confirming that @sassysteph. I moved your post here so we can track this issue. I recommend going through these troubleshooting steps for the Point of Sale app. 

If you're still not able to send an invoice from the app after going through those steps, please let our Support team know right away. Or feel free to let me know here and I'll start a case for with Support! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 8