x

Expected cash in drawer amount is less than report says I should have

I am new to square. At the end of every day the expected amount of cash in the drawer is less than what the report says I should have. I am the only person running this register and we only have the one iPad device we are running square with. Any ideas on what is happening?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

The expected amount in the drawer should be the total of the cash you have in the drawer.  If this does not match then...

• Starting amount in your drawer and what you have in Square does not match, or
  • You collected or gave out the wrong amout during a sale, or
  • You rung something as cash when it was something else like check, or
  • Drawer was closed more than one time during the day in Square.
Message 2 of 3

Thank you for your response. I know with 100% certainty that the beginning cash amount is correct, change given is correct, sales rung as cash or credit were exact, and the drawer was never closed. When I manually figure the sales for the day, what I have for cash in the drawer is correct. The report shows I should have a higher amount. I’m wondering if maybe there’s a glitch in the software causing the computer to think I should have more. Fees maybe?  Also, the sales tax to collect isn’t consistent. Sometimes it rounds up as it should and sometimes it doesn’t. It causes my sales tax collected to be short each time as well. 

Message 3 of 3