x

Forced to go through the "Forget This Reader" routine if reader is used with more than one device.

We run a store using one Square Reader. The sole person on shift uses their iPhone (device) as the POS and connects to the reader.

When the next person is on shift, they have to go through this process every time:

1 "Forget This Reader" (in Square App)

2 Close Square App

3. Go to Bluetooth Settings and "Forget Device" (Square Reader)

4. Reopen Square App

5. Connect the reader going through the pairing process

Aside from the workaround of acquiring multiple readers, one for every worker, can your Reader firmware team make an update to address this issue?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@Leif ;

This may not be the suggestion you like but why not get an Ipad or Android Tablet to use for the store so each employees is not using their own phone?  1 tablet and 1 Bluetooth Reader not 5 or 6 readers for each employee.  Plus as a safety feature when a reader is paired with a device it keeps someone else from accessing it.  If you have an Ipad mini you could get a case that holds the mini and Square reader or a kit with the Ipad Mini. Link here: Ipad Mini Case for Square 

Just trying to give you other options, you may even find other similar options that are a better fit for your business.

I just would not want my employees having access to my Square when they are away and have the app on their phones to try and guess pins to access sensitive data, just my 2 cents because of all the data breeches already.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your comments Keith.

If I had an iPad for my staff, what would be different regarding security? Wouldn't they still be able to try and guess pins while I'm away? The app is identical on the iPhone and iPad.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

I guess in my mind, having security cameras in my store I could see the employees trying to guess the passwords / pins etc during their 8 hr shift.   When they are at home they have more time for this on their personal phones especially if they have the day off or days off.  Another thing is they might install other software on their personal phones to help them do this, where if you own the ipad you can block them from down loading other apps on the ipad.  I always have to enter my Apple password to install an app, on their phones they can add apps.  Not saying you need the newest and greatest ipad for at the store but I think having one you can control is better than having your employees have devices with all the apps they want to install.  I think I read that a 15 yr old won a hacking contest to break into voting machines a few years ago, kids are better with technology than some people give them credit for.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4