x

Grayed out open drawer

I have the square register with the restaurant feature enabled. For some reason when I come in the morning on the main screen the button that opens cash drawer is grayed out. In order to fix it I have to go to settings then cash drawer followed by test drawer and once it opens. The button becomes enabled. 

Any ideas. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hello @Kkets940 . I'm sorry you're having trouble with your Square Register. I also use the register, but not the restaurant features. Have you enabled "Cash Management" where you open and close a cash drawer each day? If this is enabled, maybe you cannot use the grayed out button until you "start" a new drawer?

For more info on cash management features check out this link.

Message 2 of 5

Same issue here.  One register is fine one is grayed out. All cables working fine. Another Square drama.

Message 3 of 5

Has anyone found a fix for this? Same issue here. But even after successfully opening the drawer with the “Test Cash Drawer” button (good call, by the way) - it still stays gray. 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @username0001 and @sadmonkeytx - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your cash drawer has brought you both to the Seller Community.

This sounds more like a software issue vs a hardware issue with the Register or cash drawer to me. Since you mentioned you are using the Square Register, I suggest starting out with the troubleshooting steps for the register listed here. If this doesn't improve things, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5