x

Have tendered amounts options changed?

For certain low amount cash transactions (such as $2.50 or $2.75), the $10 tendered button no longer appears. This option disappeared after recent updates to either Square POS or iOS. Now I know you can use "Custom" and enter $10, but when the bar is very busy, it is a pain to do the extra steps. Why did the $10 tendered button suddenly disappear at these lower amounts? Are there any fixes for this? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

Didn't you hear,  $10.00 bills aren't used anymore.  Joke.  I see what you are saying.  Looks like anything under $4.00 doesn't offer a $10.00 cash option.

IMG_0009.PNG

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @EG4002 and hello @RHatch! Sorry for the delay, I had to double check this with our Product team. 

So the $10 option wasn't removed. The options that display here are 'smart' options based on the most commonly presented bills provided by customers to pay Square sellers. 

It would seem that $10 bills aren't used as often after all. I know when I get cash from an ATM it's always in $20 bills.

There isn't away to turn this off unfortunately. I've shared your concern and the confusion around this with the appropriate teams. Sounds like we need to have more information about this!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 3