x

How do I import items separated by category in quickbooks online?

I just started Quickbooks essentials online. It is connected to Square through Sync with Square Hub. 

Every transaction that comes through without a customer is categorized as an invoice. These are not invoices. 

I need to pull the data in with the correct item categories separated out for reporting. Liquor, food, events need to be separated out.

Square has that data. How do I get that data into QB for reporting? The goal is to see the sales percentages of categories. Is there a different way to export/import category data? Do I need a different app? Can this be automated? Editing every transaction after the import is not a reasonable option. 

Square is only one of the payment methods we accept, which is why I am running reports from QuickBooks. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hello @smkorby2. I'm sorry for the confusion! Currently categories — as well as item names and Square’s inventory management tools — do not sync with Quickbooks.

There are other several other integrations available from the Apps section of your online Dashboard. Click View Details to see a preview of each app and a list of features. Commerce Sync integrates with Quickboooks and Square, and also tracks income by category, hope this helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2