x

I can't access microphone on iPhone to finish registering app.

I've downloaded the app and entered all necessary info but now I need to allow access to my microphone. I've gone into settings, clicked on microphone and it doesn't show any apps needing permission to use. Help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Douglas here...Im having the same problem.

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Hi @Amyhardingap and @Douglass — thanks for flagging this, and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble!

A few other sellers reported this not too long ago. Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do from our end but some people said that resetting their iPhone resolved the issue.

If that doesn't do the trick, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction. Please don't hesitate to reply with any other questions or insight if you're able to resolve this.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 7

You go to settings ,privacy, microphone and open the tab

The tab is closed thats why the download gets stopped

Thanks to Apple

alpharose

Message 4 of 7

How about Square updating the app instead of making me reset my phone? What a hassle! They make a ton of money on processing fees. How about they earn it.

Message 5 of 7

I'm also having this problem. Instead of making us reset our phones WHICH I DON'T REALLY WANT TO DO, how about Square does an update to the app since I'm paying them a ton of processing fees. And how about a real person to answer questions intead of this forum? I think they take in enough money to at least update the app. 

Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Hey @MarsBars - As stated in previous answers above, this issue lies within your device and not within our app. There isn't anything that we can do to fix that on our end since your device's settings are an Apple feature that we don't have control over. I recommend turning off your device and turning it back on to see if that helps. If not, then a reset may be required. Sometimes devices need a reset in order to function correctly and it's not an uncommon troubleshooting step. If you are worried about data loss, you can always backup your phone's data before attempting to reset it. For questions on how to do that or if you need further help on how to troubleshoot your settings, please reach out to Apple Support and they'll be able to provide more assistance.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 7 of 7