x

If I have 2 iPad in my business, how to have different item grid?

Hello Community, today i bought a new iPad to speed up the time my clients wait to pay. But, I can't belive that i can't have different grid of items on each iPad. I read in another thread that there is a thing called "locations", but I don't see that option nowhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

You can set up a second location here: https://squareup.com/dashboard/locations

With a second location, you can use the same item library if you wish, but you can have different POS screen layouts.

Support article about locations: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5580-manage-multiple-locations-with-square

Message 2 of 7

Thanks for reply, I created a new location, but in the new iPad I can't see any of my articles, I see an option at the bottom to transfer all items from another location, but it doesn't works. Also I see each item have an option to select the location.

There is an option to make all assortment items available in all locations without export edit in bulk file and import, I'm afraid that when importing the file it has been corrupted or something like this.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 7

Hey @cabreramouzo, just for clarification I thought you were looking to have different items on the second iPad? 

Message 4 of 7

Yes, until now I only have 1 iPad with Square, today I bought another iPad for another section of my business, with different products, so, when I log on the new iPad, I noticed that iPads syncs the grid of products. This option does not work for me because each iPad is on different type of products section, and I need to have 2 different grids of items.

So, to do this, I had activated "Locations" option, and there is a disaster. Now, when i create new items on one iPad, it does not appear on the other iPad. For search items it takes much more time to do that.

I need to remove locations, but only see deactivate locations.

Please help.

Message 5 of 7
Alumni

Hi @cabreramouzo - sorry to hear about the confusion. You can deactivate the extra location. 

It sounds like perhaps you just want to organize your items in a way that makes it easy for you to find them. You can definitely create two separate grid pages and view them each from both tablets. 

Our Support Center has information on setting up your item grid

I hope this helps. 👍

Message 6 of 7

Hello @Russell, thanks for reply. I can't because I have all of grids full, I use all of grids with different products. Thanks. 

Message 7 of 7