x
Beta Member

Imported Items have Inventory tracking turned off.

Hey there, I frequently make changes to my very large catalog in google sheets and reupload the catalog to bring the changes into Square.  Last night I uploaded a partial catalog change to about 1500 items, and to my horror, this morning I had received hundreds of dollars worth of orders for product we have been out of stock on for a while...  Digging around I realized that inventory tracking had been turned off for all of the items that were imported.   How can I fix this in the future?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@nicholasfeigen ;

I just looked at my csv catalog that I downloaded yesterday.  I was thinking there was a (Y/N) column for this.  I would check two of your items, 1 that has the Tracking on and then one that has the Tracking off and compare the two to see if the one has a Y for tracking of inventory.  I am not sure if it would be the Stockable Column or the Stock Alert column  Both columns are in Green text below in the column headers.  I am leaning towards a "Y" in Stock Alert Enabled, column AE.  After checking a few of my items in the CSV and in my Square Dashboard.

Reference HandleTokenItem NameVariation NameUnit and PrecisionSKUDescriptionCategorySEO TitleSEO DescriptionPermalinkGTINSquare Online Item VisibilityWeight (lb)Shipping EnabledSelf-serve Ordering EnabledDelivery EnabledPickup EnabledPriceArchivedSellableStockableSkip Detail Screen in POSOption Name 1Option Value 1Default Unit CostDefault Vendor NameDefault Vendor CodeCurrent Quantity New Quantity Stock Alert Enabled Stock Alert Count Tax - Pa Sales Tax (6%)
Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Turning stock alerts on for items causes emails to be sent out when stock alert levels are below the set threshold.  I expressly have those alerts turned off and use the stock alert quantity as my max (or reorder-to) quantity.

Message 3 of 3