USB drawer

USB card reader

it came with only 3. 
the one I bought on Amazon doesn’t recognize the input—

help recommendations plz

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Champion

@HillbillyVA Check your cash drawer and make sure it doesn't have a telephone looking cable that can hook to the printer.  Most cash drawers are driven by the actual printer for the opening and closing.  This would eliminate the issue.  Did you buy a kit for all of your items or did you do them ad hoc?

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 7

I bought it all as a set from square

Message 3 of 7
Square Champion

Did you get the square register or the square stand for ipad?

Sorry for the questions, there are just a bunch of different ways to configure things and trying to get you the best advice.

@HillbillyVA 

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 7

Yep— I got everything from square— I didn’t want exactly what is happening happening— 

Message 5 of 7

Square stand

Message 6 of 7
Square Champion

@HillbillyVA The best answer to quickly solve your problem is check and see if square will let you return the cash drawer and purchase the "printer driven cash drawer".

https://squareup.com/shop/hardware/us/en/products/cash-drawer-16-inch 

This cash drawer will connect to the printer and will free up that usb drawer.  It runs off the printer and is a much cleaner set up.  I think with your sort of unique need for the scale and bar code reader, this is the only set up you can use with the stand.  Apple/ipad are finicky with the USB items at times and I am not sure just using a usb splitter would work unless you get one from apple.  Many of the ones on the market don't work and the one you got may be for the square register which is android based.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

MustHaveMenus
Message 7 of 7