x

Loyalty - Wrong Items Offered a Star

In the last 3-4 days, we have items that aren't qualified to earn stars, offering a customer to "claim a star". As an examlpe, qualified catagories are all beverage groups, now the claim your star comes up in bakery and decor catagories. Ideas?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

We've noticed our loyalty program kinda going haywire in the last 3 or 4 days too. While its current setup to reward 1 star for every $5 spent, it will randomly give the loyalty screen to purchases under $5. Sometimes the screen freezes/crashes when a customer is putting their # in, and sometimes customers are not given the loyalty screen to enter their number at all, etc. Sometimes if it's acting really crazy, I'll close and reopen the Square app... Even though we use a newer iPad, and there is no associated lag generally if I get really desperate I'll sign out and sign back in. I can't say if this has any real effect or not, but I'm conditioned to think that it does.

I think I'm going to check for an update when I go in this morning... I thought it's set to automatic, but maybe I missed one somehow?

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

@LocavoreStore @5thandjefferson -  Sorry for the confusion. We recently made a change to Square Loyalty that now shows the loyalty screen after every transaction. In the past, Loyalty screens would only appear after transactions that were eligible for Loyalty stars. We heard from many sellers that this was confusing, and made the Loyalty program feel broken -- plus it didn’t allow customers to sign-up for Loyalty if their purchase didn’t qualify.

This new flow, which rolled out with Square Point of Sale version 4.74 (IOS) and 4.75 (Android), will display a Loyalty Rewards screen after every transaction a customer has made. This helps create a more consistent experience for you and your customers, and better communicate why a transaction does (or does not) earn stars. 

You can learn more here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Product-Updates/Loyalty-Screens-Now-Show-After-Every-Transaction/...

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Thanks for the update @lilychiang

I'd like to mention that we're having a lot of crashes with the loyalty program lately. The sign-in page has been crashing about 50% of the time for us for about a week now. Also, the "Create New Customer" screen crashes too. It does not ever crash Square POS though... It just closes the prompts and goes to the Square POS main menu.  

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

@LocavoreStore - Thank you for flagging. I'm going to direct message you so we can diagnose why your app is crashing so much. 

Message 5 of 5