x

Missing sign in

Since the updated square appointments and have implemented the new look of the booking site I somehow am missing the “sign in” at the top of the page for my customers. Please help! When I customized the website booking page is it possible I may have removed this feature somehow? My clients have no way of signing in with their phone number to gain an access code to then see their upcoming appointments etc. I really need the “sign in” back on my website for my business, thank you for your help! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Kaylin 

Are you talking about the Square Appointments Customer Account feature? 

You should see a button in the top right corner of the booking page that says "My Appointments". This should redirect the visitor to a login page where they can view the upcoming appointments. 

Please let me know if this is not what you are looking for. 

Message 2 of 13

Yes I believe this would be it! I have the “book appointment” but not the “my appointment.” I’m also missing “sign in” at the top. (I can’t upload a screenshot here to visually show you so I hope I’m making sense as to what I’m requesting help with.)

Message 3 of 13

Would you be able to include a link to your booking site @Kaylin

Message 4 of 13

Message 5 of 13

I’m wondering if I would’ve been better off letting the site carry over automatically when the improvements took place this summer instead of myself getting in there in the editor. What would happen if I reset it back to default? Would I lose my entire square booking system, any appointments scheduled, etc?

Message 6 of 13
Super Seller

Hey @Kaylin , Just chiming in for a quick second..  The sign in will display when you actually click on "book appointment".  I'm not sure if you were aware or not, but there is still a sign in option, just probably not where it should be correct?

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 7 of 13

I’ve tested it out on family member’s viewpoint on their devices and still not seeing a “sign in” at top of screen, which is separate and different from the “book appointment” and “my appointment” buttons. I’ve also had several customers ask why they can’t sign in like they did previously had. They can’t access their individual profiles. 

Message 8 of 13
Super Seller

@Kaylin wrote:

I’ve tested it out on family member’s viewpoint on their devices and still not seeing a “sign in” at top of screen, which is separate and different from the “book appointment” and “my appointment” buttons. I’ve also had several customers ask why they can’t sign in like they did previously had. They can’t access their individual profiles. 

Okay.  I don't normally use the booking site, just want to clarify a few things to get a better idea to troubleshoot if that works?

• Was the Sign In  that was up top in the header just on your booking site or your website also?
  • Is your website hosted by Square as well?

If so, a link here about enable customer accounts that you can check through. 

Let me know those, and hopefully we can help you get this figured out.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 9 of 13

I am having her exact issue. 

I updated my booking mobile page to display a header as I was going on vacation and since I've lost my sign in link on mobile. I have one on desktop. 

I have no idea how to reset it back to the default version pre header but I would like to know how to revert and get the sign in link back for my clientele. 

TY 

Message 10 of 13

Hello there @LifeForceNV 

If this issue still persists, we may need to take a closer look at your account for some troubleshooting and to make sure this works correctly for you. When you have a chance, please reach out to our Support Team directly, here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 13

I'm having the same issue. I've found that a customer cannot login to view their client profile when booking through a mobile device, however they can "sign in" if using a desktop. I've had a good number of clients reach out and tell me they can't find their profiles to see future appointments. I've looked through all the options on the square website builder and can't find anything.  To sum up, mobile version appointment book now window does not give a sign in option for clients. Desktop version does. Can we get it on the mobile version?

Message 12 of 13

Hi @Roughnecks - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

This was previously a known issue about a month ago but it has been resolved by our Engineers since this. Your customers should be able to complete this action from your Booking Site, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account with you. 

If you haven't already, please reach out directly to the Square Appointments Support Team by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 13