x

New Receipt printer, but I can only select Print Tickets

We had a receipt printer die on us. We purchased a new one. We have been trying for over a week to get it to work. 

When we attach the printer, it only allows us to choose to Print Tickets. It doesn't allow for the Print Receipts option.

I can click on the Print Test button and a little test comes out of the printer. So the connection is working. I just can't get Square to show me the option to print receipts on this printer. It also won't let the drawer be opened (I am guess it is because it is not a receipt printer).

I updated the Square software. I have turned the original printer off for printing receipts. I have rebooted everything. many, many times, including the ipad itself. I have done everything I can think of except buying a whole new Square Stand.

I have been waiting for 2 hours for Square support to call me back. I am very frustrated. The one time I got them a couple of days ago, they promised me that I had the correct printer (Star Micronics SP700).

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

I eventually figured out that I had the wrong printer. Square support never called me back. I spent a total of 4 hours waiting for them to pick up the phone or call me back. That is a nightmare. Especially after the one time that I did get them, the promised me that I had the correct printer.

Message 2 of 2