x

New phone, app mistakenly used to open new account

Hi, and thank you in advance for any advice.

Yesterday I bought a new phone to replace a broken one I had been using with Square, and I set up the Square app on the new one.  What I didn't realize at the time was that the app got installed via a different email (gmail) account than the one I use for my existing Square account (it happened semi-automatically through my Google account). So Square "decided," quite rightly, that I'm trying to set up a new account linked to the gmail address. Is there a way to reverse these steps and link the app to my existing account? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

You can simply Sign out of the app and sign in with the correct account.  Click the 3 bars icon to bring up the menu, click settings, and then click sign out.

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Thanks for helping out with this, @VanKalkerFarms. Hi @peterj, if you have any other account-specific concerns, please don't hesitate to check in with Support Team — happy to make sure everything is set up properly. 😉

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 5

Hell, how can I change the pin to my app? It's only letting me do the transactions as guest.

Message 4 of 5
Square

Hi @HeelsDelight. You can just click on the Employee to edit the passcode from the Square Dashboard

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 5