x

New to the app

I have downloaded the app, but everytime I open it it makes a really LOUD strange noise. I can't lower the volume on it, it sounds like an alarm? the first time it did this, I deleted and downloaded again..the noise is there again..How can this be fixed? Has anyone else had this?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hmm, are your headphones in, @Drea

Our app uses the headphone jack to receive information from the reader. So if your headphones are plugged in, you may hear some loud interference.

Let me know if that's not the case!

Message 2 of 4

I had the misfortune of having my earbuds in when I launched the square app. That was extremely painful.

Message 3 of 4

I've been using the Square for a couple of years, and it started making a noise in the past month. It still processes credit cards normally.

I'm using an iPad 2 with the Square swipe and chip reader. When the Square app is opened, during the "connecting to reader" and "establishing secure connection" sequence, it makes a series of sharp screaching noises. Similar to the sound made by an old telephone modem. Once the connection is established, the noises stop.

The only event of note I can recall was about a month ago the iPad performed an operating system update.

The Square still works, it is just annoying that it screaches when I open the app for each new customer.

Message 4 of 4