x
Beta Member

Online Order Tickets Not Printing (some of the time)

Why do most online orders print and then randomly one will not print, it does show up if you search for it in the "orders" on the register, but doesn't print the ticket. We are using iPads and the Square app is open, currently we are using the regular app, but are going to switch to restaurant-specific app at some point. In the meantime, customers aren't too happy when they place an order and pay for it and it isn't even started when they come to pick it up.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @JulieDos 

The only reason I've seen for online orders to not print right away is if the customer has ordered in advance--not for ASAP pickup. If the customer does do this, your system will print the ticket when it's time to make the order.

If your customers are ordering for ASAP and it's doing this, the first thing I'd recommend is to make sure all your POS tablets are running the latest and greatest version of the app. There have been a LOT of tweaks over the last few months, and it's not unheard of for us merchants to be a version or two behind.

If those two items are all correct, than you may have stumbled upon a problem. Your best bet would be to contact support (use the link in my signature) so they could look at individual orders and see where the hangup is.

Best of luck!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2