x

Order tickets for FreshKDS sometimes missing

There are times when an order ticket will not show up on one of our FreshKDS printers.  It doesn't seem to be tied to a specific FreshKDS device since it seems like it can happen to either one sometimes.

This is our setup:

- 2 FreshKDS Android tablets connected by wifi, one for the Kitchen and the other for Expediting.

- 2 StarMicronics TSP100Lan receipt printers connected by ethernet to our wireless router.  One for Kitchen and one for Expediting.  This is being done for redundancy to ensure the tickets make it to each station.

- 2 iPad Airs in Square Stands connected by wifi

We know the tickets are going through because they are always printing without issue to the ethernet connected receipt printers, but sometimes the tickets won't show up on one of the FreshKDS devices.  When I look at the FreshKDS logs online, I can see that some of the tickets only made it to one of the FreshKDS devices.  This seems to be happening sporadically and not all the time.  Maybe like 1 out of 10 orders this will happen to when it starts acting up.  It doesn't seem to happen everyday.  Either way, this is unacceptable when we are paying for this FreshKDS service.  This can mess up our orders and result in disappointed customers therefore affecting our business.  The Square Register app should at least notify us that not all the tickets were printed if it wasn't able to send the ticket to all the printers.  If it's not on the Square Register end but instead with the FreshKDS service, please see that it gets fixed.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hello @danangrest

Do you know how strong your Wi-Fi and modem are? Poor internet connection can cause orders not reach the KDS system or printers.  Also do you have a dual band router? 

If you haven't already I'd check out the article we have on Fresh KDS and Square.

Message 2 of 2