x
Beta Member

Our online orders are printing duplicate tickets to the kitchen - anyone else?

Our online orders into the restaurant print directly to the kitchen printer.  However, we are getting 2 printed tickets for each order!  I cannot figure out how to get this fixed - I have the same set up at 3 other restaurants and this is not an issue.  I'm waiting to hear back from Square Support - wondering if anyone else has run across this and might offer a solution in the meantime.

Message 1 of 6
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Our online orders are printing duplicate tickets to the kitchen - anyone else?

@AshleyK Yes this worked! Poked around the register over the weekend and had an “aha!” Moment. Toggled off the setting titled “automatically print order ticket” for our online orders at one of the registers. Left it turned on at our second register. This totally fixed the duplicate ticket issue!

thanks again

1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

@AshleyK Yes this worked! Poked around the register over the weekend and had an “aha!” Moment. Toggled off the setting titled “automatically print order ticket” for our online orders at one of the registers. Left it turned on at our second register. This totally fixed the duplicate ticket issue!

thanks again

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @UrsFellows Thanks for reaching out! Do you have multiple devices in this location? Make sure that auto print receipts is not turned on for more than one device as this can cause tickets to double print.

You can find this under Settings > Printer > Receipts

Let me know if this helps fix it! 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Hi @AshleyK and @UrsFellows I am experiencing this same issue.

I literally just posted a question to the community about this same thing! I have 2 Square Registers set up in my cafe...1 for in-person orders and 1 for our drive-thru.  From your response, @AshleyK, I'm assuming that our kitchen printers are getting a signal from BOTH registers that an online order has come through which leads to 2 tickets being printed?

Is there a way to fix this so online orders are only coming through/being recognized by 1 register?

Message 3 of 6

@grovetealounge Hey! Yes, you will need to choose one device that will print your order tickets. You can go to Settings > Hardware > Select Printer in Question, and toggle off "Online Order Tickets." 

Please let me know if this works for you as well. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Best Answer

thanks again

Message 5 of 6

Woohoo!! I'm so happy to hear that. Have a nice day! 🙂

AshleyK
Message 6 of 6