x

Real Dilema

Hello! 

If anyone can offer any advice regarding our situation I will be forever in your debt! We have recently taken over a business in the US that uses Sqaure, we are from the UK on a visa, we have just obtained our SSN's and are staying with friends currently untill we get settled. This is where the issues arise, as we are new into the country and have zero reporting on our credit files because our SSN's are brand new (week old), Square or whomever they use to verify our identity cannot and reject us as applicants. 

We provide passports, letters from our attorny, our CPA or even our friends who have given us a letter stating we are living here at their address and signed it (also needed for the DMV as I'm in the process of obtaining a driving license). 

Is there any way of moving this forward? Or working with Square to show supporting documentation? We have all the legal documents for the purchase of the business, but I understand the existing Square account will be tied to his SSN, I know its possible to change the bank account to ours, but we would much prefer to open our own account so its clean from the start. 

Please any suggestons or advice would be amazing. 

Thanks

Rob

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @hazeice

Unfortunately we're not able to manually review accounts for the identity verification. We don't have access to the information you enter, so I'm afraid there's not much we can help with when it comes to this. 

The existing account will be tied to the original account owners SSN. If you plan to continue using the old account, you'll want to add the EIN of your business to that account so the payments are tied to the business and not the individual who created the account. 

Your best option would be to have a business partner that resides in the US create an account for you.

Message 2 of 2