x

Retail: Loyalty Per Specific Items SUPER Slow

We've been using Square for a while now and recently decided to dive into the Loyalty features in the Retail App. We want to offer Stars per product price (in multiples of $5) from a specific brand. So essentially things would look like this:

Brand - $5 Product - 1 Star

Brand - $10 Product - 2 Stars

Brand - $24 Product - 4 Stars

Things were going great in set up- until we reached product #20 or so. The page becomes unresponsive and eats up ram- no matter which browser we use. I don't understand how managing such a huge inventory in other parts of the site is a breeze, but this is so painful to try and do. Not only is it hard and time consuming to add the "Specific Items", they are then thrown into a random order when you save and edit them. What can be done to make this easier?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@swimfun I see that you were able to contact our Support team and open a ticket with our engineers about this before I read your post. I'm sorry for the delay! Our engineers will check if this issue is related to the size of your inventory or if something else is going on.

I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused but thanks for reporting the issue to Support so we can investigate! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks! Anxiously waiting to see if we can continue to use Loyalty...

Message 3 of 4

Update for anyone having the same issue:

Square Engineers were unable to reproduce the issue (although I am able to on multiple computers, using multiple browsers in multiple locations). Looks like if you add too many products to the Loyalty List (it became sluggish for me at ~20 items), the program will freeze and become unresponsive and in some cases, crash the browser. We will attempt to accomplish what should have been easily done with Square using another system.

Message 4 of 4