x

Sale created but credit card never charged--How to Fix

Hi! In-home photo session, I created the sale but the credit card was never charged...I re-did the sale and it didn't work either. I trouble shot everything, reader was connected just fine, charged 100%, so the client eventually wrote a check... I can't figure out what happened and I'm concerned that creating the refund will only serve to confuse the customer even more if they receive that email receipt. Additionally those 2 sales have my report messed up. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hello @HighVizzer, interesting. It sounds like you might have chosen Cash or Other Tender while ringing up this customer. If you're on your Square Dashboard head to the Sales tab on the left and then select Transactions at the top of your screen.  You should now see all of your transactions displayed for a given timeframe. 

If you see the symbol below it means that the Cash option was selected when checking out the customer. 

You can refund this payment if you wish to balance your report. The customer will not receive any notification of this unless you re-issue them a receipt. 

When checking out a customer you will want to select the debit or credit option to keep this from happening again. 

Message 2 of 2