x
Beta Member

Scheduled deliveries using DoorDash / Postmates

Hi there,

We use Postmates/DoorDash through Square online for delivery.  However, we do not see the option to schedule future deliveries.  When I go to the "Pickup & Delivery" menu option and click "Edit Location" these are the only options I see (no checkbox for "Schedule Future Deliveries"):

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 3.31.53 PM.png

We really need this functionality, as it's in very high demand with our customers.

Please help!
Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Because Postmates and Doordash do not offer this capability through their apps, this is not possible.

UberEats is the only delivery platform that I'm aware of that currently supports scheduled deliveries. Although your Square website does support scheduled deliveries when orders are placed directly through your website, because this feature is not available through Postmates or DoorDash, it is not possible for us to integrate our scheduled deliveries feature with their platforms.

I hope my explanation makes sense, @pomellaoakland!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

Hi @Valentina,

I appreciate your response, but what you are saying is not true.  DoorDash & Postmates both offer the ability to schedule future deliveries.  Here's a screenshot of a test I just ran through DoorDash for our restaurant.  As you can see "Schedule for later" is an option and I chose tomorrow at a 1:15.  Many other options were available to me.

Screenshot_2021_01_09_13_10_14.png

And here is one from Postmates:

Screenshot_2021_01_09_13_15_51.png

So, given this information .... any other help you can offer?  Thank you!

Message 3 of 11
Alumni

Apologies, @pomellaoakland - I misspoke out of misunderstanding the scheduling features on these apps - you taught me something about them today!

Valentina
Message 4 of 11
Beta Member

No worries @Valentina  - but given that these are features of DoorDash & Postmates, can you offer any feedback on getting scheduled deliveries working for our online store?

Thank you in advance!

Message 5 of 11
Alumni

At this time, On-Demand Delivery does not allow orders to be placed for delivery in the future.

We'll be sure to update this thread if our team is able to support this feature in the future, @pomellaoakland.

Valentina
Message 6 of 11

Well, our customers are scheduling orders for later in the day...but the drivers show up after 15 minutes. We tell them the order isn’t for another hour or so and they cancel...then another driver shows up....repeat

Message 7 of 11
Square Community Moderator

@SunnySideKitche That sounds super annoying and I'm sorry to hear that the DoorDash drivers are getting the pickup orders well before the actual order is ready for delivery. 

Although Square Point of Sale integrates with DoorDash to process pickup and delivery orders, DoorDash’s features, services, and billing are managed by them directly.

For help with DoorDash-specific questions, browse the DoorDash Help Center or contact the DoorDash Support team. For something like this, they may be able to help adjust when the driver gets their notification.

If for some reason they’re not able to help you, please contact Square Support with your DoorDash support ticket number and we’ll do our best to find a solution for you. You can also comment in this thread, but we won't be able to get into the specifics to protect your account. 

AshleyK
Message 8 of 11

Thank you. But it's postmates. Do you have the link to postmates that I should use?

Message 9 of 11
Square Community Moderator

So sorry about that!! For help with Postmates-related questions, submit a request to Postmates Support, or send an email to welcome-api@postmates.com.

@SunnySideKitche

AshleyK
Message 10 of 11

We are using square for restaurants (free) and on demand post mates delivery. Customers are able to select scheduled delivery but the drivers have no knowledge of the pickup time. They are just told to arrive ASAP. They are surprised to learn that the pickup isn’t scheduled for an hour or so later. They cancel, then 10 minutes later another driver shows up. Repeat. How do we fix this?

Message 11 of 11