x

Something is in in contactless chip reader..paper? help!

There is something, it looks like a thin piece of paper, maybe foil that is stuck in my contactless chip reader. I'm typically careful with all of my readers but somehow this one got stuck in my purse and not in the bag with the other readers. Anyone have this happen? How did you get it out?? I have other chip readers but I like to have extra/ and back-ups in case I go places where I can't chrage devices throughout the day. thanks!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hey @CraftWick - Sorry to hear about your situation! I haven't heard of this happening before, but I'll try to brainstorm some ideas here.

- A Compressed Air Duster which might push the piece of paper with air pressure

- A hooked paperclip or bobby pin to poke it loose

If none of those options work out for you, feel free to reach out to our Support team directly and they can help advise you on any next steps.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 5

It appears a penny got into the reader and I cannot get it out... Is there a way to open the reader?

Message 3 of 5
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Coin in reader...”

@RusticRhody 🤔 I've moved your post here so you can see @puka's suggestions on how to remove (unexpected) objects from the reader!

There isn't a way to open the reader and keep in mind the reader will likely become unusable if there's an attempt to pry it open.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 5

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "having trouble with my chip reader not reading the chip wondering if there's something stuck in my r" The author has been notified via email.

Having trouble with my chip reader connecting with my chip thinking something is stuck in my reader wondering how to clean it out or if I need a newsomethi

Message 5 of 5