x

Square POS App shuts down after processing CC payment

We have the Square Stand with an Ipad, both the Ipad OS and the square app both show as up to date as of the typing of this post.

Started today.  When processing a CC payment the app shuts off/crashes the moment the transaction is approved and no receipt gets printed out.  We then have to go into transactions to verify the payment was processed successfully and to print the customer a receipt.  This behavior does not happen when taking a cash payment OR a check payment, only on Credit/Debit/Tap to pay scenarios.

I've rebooted the Ipad several times, unplugged the entire square stand and receipt printer several times as well as un-docked the Ipad several times without success.

The Square POS app shows as updated yesterday 10/14/20 and I wonder if this started happening today because of the update.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Thanks so much for taking the steps that you have so far, @Walters_Camp - sorry to hear about the troubles!

I see that you updated your Square Point of Sale app yesterday, however I don't see any mention of updating the operating system of your iPad. If you update your app, but haven't also ensured that your device is running the most up-to-date device software, this can cause some issues.

That is one of the first troubleshooting steps you'll want to attempt - the rest are laid out here. If you're continuing to run into difficulties, please be sure to get in touch with our Support team directly so that we can give you a hand.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2