x

Square terminal going offline and then not reconnecting

If my square terminal goes offline for even a few seconds when it reconnects automatically to the internet the software stays in offline mode even though the terminal is connected. This is a new problem that started when I updated firmware. I have to restart the terminal to get it to actually be online even though icons say it is. Please help as this is a thorn in our busy ice cream shops side. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @ptf - thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us here and let us know the trouble you are experiencing with your Terminal. Sounds very strange, indeed.

These kind of software glitches can often be attributed so outstanding software updates available that have been rolled out to fix previous iterations of the software. I know that you mentioned you updated firmware recently, but when you get a chance, walk through these specific troubleshooting steps - they should help weed out any existing issues.

If that doesn't seem to do the trick, we would then recommend flagging this over to our Support Team directly. They can work directly with you to get some diagnostics on the device itself and try to identify where the discrepancy is coming from.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

thanks I will try and get back to you. 

Message 3 of 4

I did a factory reset and reloaded the new firmware. I will let you know if it still has an issue. I will be working the window Saturday so I will be able to keep an eye on it. 

Message 4 of 4