x

The customer display disconnects

Hi, my customer display keeps on disconnecting as a chip card is being charged. It disconnects and the screen goes black. After a reboot it seems to go back to normal but it is starting to happen more often.  It wouldn’t be a big deal if we were not busy but most of the time it happens when there are several people in line. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Hello @Gdlgcobra I'm sorry to hear about the trouble! 

Do you have your customer display docked on Square Register? Or is it connected via USB cable? 

If it's connected via USB cable, I recommend docking the display if you can. This will help determine if the issue is the customer display or the USB cable that connects it to the register. 

Message 2 of 13
Beta Member

Mine is docked and doing the same thing. It wasnt very often at first but now its getting to be several times a day and we havent even had it that long. I switched to the cord and it works fine but we really need it to be docked. It makes a static sound while its docked like it just can't properly connect. 

Message 3 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hello @MassageBossETX,

Sorry to hear this is occurring. 😞 On a happier note its great to see you posting in the Seller Community again, welcome back! 😁

Quick question for you, do you know of your device is still under warranty? 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 13
Beta Member

I bought it September 22 so I hope so. 

Message 5 of 13

I am having the same issue, mine is cabled via usb. It seems to be happening since the last update that was sent out. I also have noticed it seems to occur more frequently after sitting overnight, will be fine all day and next morning it indicates "display disconnected". I can reboot it 3 or 4 times, sometimes that works. Other times I have to shut it off completely and wait 20 minutes.

Message 6 of 13

Hello @Samw3002

Welcome to the Seller Community! 

There seems to be a number of reports coming up related to issues occurring with our customer display. Here you can see other sellers chatting about some of the issues going on. While this is not exactly the same thing that’s happening to you, the troubleshooting steps mentioned here can be helpful. In the meantime, we will dig through this a little more and provide any information we find. 

Thanks for your understanding while we continue to gather details around this. 

Have a good day

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 13

Hi when I startup my register I get the message Customer Display disconnected. I just bought 2 registers and they give the same error.

Can somebidy help me

Message 8 of 13
Beta Member

I had the same issue. I ended up just using the cord and haven't had any more issues. When I moved to a new location it still did it once even with the cord but I just restarted it and it's worked fine. Unfortunately the doc just doesn't have the best connection which is disappointing but i actually found that I like it better on the cord for clients asking me to enter the tip if they don't have their glasses or loading gift cards. 

Message 9 of 13

Hi @Humphrey and @MassageBossETX  - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your Square Registers has brought you to the Seller Community.

I suggest starting out with the troubleshooting steps for your Customer Display listed here. If this doesn't improve things, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Violet
Message 10 of 13

Is there a bug in the customer display software of the square register?

Message 11 of 13

Hi there again, @Humphrey 👋

I noticed that you posted about this issue on a couple of other threads. I went ahead and merged your duplicate posts to this existing thread where you originally reached out about this issue. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. I also want to make sure you've seen our Community Etiquette Guidelines. We ask Seller Community Members to not post the same message in multiple places, as it is not productive for our Moderators.

Now that we have that out of the way, did you get the chance to try the troubleshooting steps that I mentioned yesterday?

Please let me know. I'll keep an eye out for your reply 👀

Violet
Message 12 of 13

I have the same problem. What is the answer to resolve this issue? I just bought 2 registers this month juli 2023.

Message 13 of 13