x

Trouble syncing WooCommerce and Square

I just installed Square for WooCommerce on my Wordpress site. So happy it's free! But I'm running into a problem and have searched all over for help.

It's says it's connected and everything "seems" to be set up correctly. But when I try to do the initial manual sync from Square to WC it just hangs/freezes. I've tried many, many times. This last time I let it run for a couple hours before I finally got an error message saying "Bad gateway. Allow dialogs from [my site] to take you to their tab" and an "OK" button. I hit OK and it just keeps on going, with no movement of the progress bar still.

The only documentation I've seen is on the WC page - https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-square. It talks about disabling caching plugins but I don't see that I have any. I have a brand new install and don't see any listed. Unless there are hidden ones. I'm also wondering about the SSL requirement listed. In my status it says that I 'm not using HTTPS, but I forced it in the Square payments section. I don't quite understand it.

Also, I'm using Siteground, and I went through the cPANEL and found something called "SuperCache?" Can't quite remember the name. I disabled it. Then I found an SSL section that says I can install and activate "Let's Encrypt." Says it's free. Should I do that?

The documentation for this really isn't very good. Hope you can help shed some light on it, as you have it working. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the WooCommerce integration @snowgurl!

I recommend contacting WooCommerce Support so they can take a closer look at your set up, and help you to get up and running ASAP. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

Thanks. I have but still haven’t heard back from them. Just hoping someone else has an answer. They make it sound so easy ... 😉

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Apologies again for the trouble this has caused, I'm sure your keen to get started. 

If you're able to share what the issue is here (when they do reach out) that would really help other sellers!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

Still haven’t heard anything from the Woo people, but I will for sure report back on what I find out. I imagine I’m not the only one with this problem.

Message 5 of 6

Any luck @snowgurl - we are havingthe same issue

Message 6 of 6