x

Troubleshooting

I wasted a lot of time today trying to get my chip reader to work - and wasted a client's time--who probably wont want to use Square in the future--and now I find that the problem is that I have upgraded my ios software.  Please, square, if using an updated version of ios is going to make Square not work, you need to warn us!  

I'm not interested in going to the trouble, etc., of using an older ios.  When do you think you will have this fixed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hi @lucymeadows - Sorry for all the trouble you experienced! That is definitely not ideal when a customer is waiting. Apologies again.

I've moved your thread since I think it's a little different from what others were talking about above.

We don't currently have any reported issues from other Sellers or our team of issues with Square software or iOS. Can you please elaborate on what types of issues you're seeing, for example glitchy screen, freezing, etc.? Feel free to add any photos or screenshots if applicable. 

It's typically a best practice to keep all your software (including Square POS and Apple iOS) updated to the latest version at all times. That being said, if you've updated and are using a supported device and are still experiencing issues, we definitely want to look into it!

Message 2 of 4

Hi - I was responding to a statement by Square that was similar to this:

We are aware of performance issues on some devices running iOS 11.2. These issue have affected sellers in different ways such as app slowness, freezing or glitchy behavior. Our engineering team is actively working to diagnose and fix this issue, but we do not have a full resolution at this time.

This actually was what people were talking about on the thread, as far as I could tell.

The problem seems to be that I did update my iphone software, not that I didn't. I'm using iOS 11.2.2.

The square app on my iphone kept closing immediately when I tried to open it, and the chip reader lights never went on.  I restarted my phone, no luck.  Deleted and reinstalled the point of sale app, no luck.  I have given up.

Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

The issue on iOS 11 is separate from the latest version of iOS. No known issues on iOS 11.2.2!

Can you share what type of device and Square hardware product you're using? Here are some general troubleshooting tips for the chip reader, but that info would be helpful. 

Message 4 of 4