x

Trying to deposit Sezzle funds to Square

Hi,

so I was able to connect my square checking account to sezzle. I initiated a transfer from sezzle to square, but square denied the transfer, stating that my name on the sezzle account doesn’t match what’s on the square account, when it does. Will the money go back into my Sezzle account? 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@HSH2018 As a rule when you do an ACH transfer if it is rejected it will return in 24-48 hours.  It takes a day to start the transfer, a day for it to happen and get rejected, and then another day to get back.

Sometimes with services like sezzle, they are not actual bank accounts in your name and may have some other designation on it.  This is just an educated guess, but currently square does not integrate with sezzle as a payment option either.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

@HSH2018 As a rule when you do an ACH transfer if it is rejected it will return in 24-48 hours.  It takes a day to start the transfer, a day for it to happen and get rejected, and then another day to get back.

Sometimes with services like sezzle, they are not actual bank accounts in your name and may have some other designation on it.  This is just an educated guess, but currently square does not integrate with sezzle as a payment option either.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 5

Thank you! I was able to connect my sezzle to deposit into square by using the routing number Square provided, but I guess I will have to connect my original bank back to sezzle. Just wanted to make sure the funds weren’t lost, as I am doing a preorder for my customer

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

You may also be experiencing issues because Square will only work with banks that have a physical location. If your bank is ONLINE ONLY, it will not work.  I'm in this same boat and have to transfer to my personal bank account and then from there to my business account.

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 4 of 5
Alumni

This sounds like a good question for our phone team, @HSH2018!

You can also learn more about linking a bank account (and more) in our Support pages.

Our team can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here. Since we don't have the ability to discuss account-specific details with you openly here in the Seller Community, please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5