x

Unable to connect Epson TM-T20II to square stand

I have researched and tried all of the fixes I could find.  When I plug the printer into the Square Stand USB hub it says "USB device not supported".  Any tips?  

Epson TM-T20II Direct Thermal Printer USB 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Square says it is compatible but requires manual configuration.  Whatever that means.  IS there a program you can download from epson on the ipad?

Message 2 of 5

I have the same issue but it doesn't read it at all. TM-T20II USB
(extra configuration required) what's the Config? 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @DITCH👋

Firstly, welcome to the Seller Community - sorry to hear that you're here because you've run into trouble. If you haven't done so yet I would recommend checking to make sure that both your app and your mobile device itself are up-to-date and also complete printer troubleshooting steps. If everything looks good there, you'll want to reach out to the printer manufacturer so they can confirm the printer is configured properly to work with Square Hardware.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Hopefully this answer is still helpful- the answers are in this manual: https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/pos/bulk/tm-t20ii_trg_en_revd.pdf

However, I will give a quick run down. 

turn off your printer.

hold the feed button for a few seconds, then turn the printer back on. Let go of the feed button.

then tap the feed button again. 

hold the feed button for 1 second or more

tap the feed button for less than 1 second, 3 times. Then hold it for more than 1 second.

Tap the feed button 17 times for less than 1 second. Then hold it for more than 1 second. 

Tap the feed button 2 times for less than 1 second. Hold it for more than 1 second. 

Your printer should be able to connect via usb now. 

Cheers

Message 5 of 5