x

Unable to verify zipcode

I and my customer are both in Canada and I'm getting the declined zip code (actually, postal code) issue when I try to add his credit card to his information. My customer has verified the postal code with his credit card company. What can I do now?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey @BRJJ,

Sorry for the delayed response! Were you able to get your issue handled? For time-sensitive cases like this we suggest contacting us directly so that we can get you expedited support. You can also reach us by phone at 1 (855) 700-6000 Monday to Friday from 6AM to 6PM PST.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 6

Yes, Puka, the payment has been resolved although the invalid postal code has not. I emailed Square support and received a reply saying my customer should contact his branch manager to resolve the issue. However, this creates more work and inconvenience for my customer which I'd rather avoid. In this case, I see the customer regularly and opted to have him swipe his card.

As an aside, it would be handy if swiping a card had the option of saving it to a customer (similar to the way that can be done for an invoice).

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@BRJJ Glad to hear it was sorted out, but sorry to hear it caused extra work. Totally understand how that would get in the way of what should be a seamless transaction.

In regards to your last comment, you actually can save a customer's card in your Customer Directory through our Card on File feature. If you've already tried setting that up and are having issues with it, feel free to give us more information and we'll try to point you in the right direction.

Puka - She/They
Message 4 of 6

The "card on file" feature is where the problem lies. It requires a postal code which, for this particular customer, is deemed invalid. 

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

@BRJJ - Gotcha. In this case, it might be best to let that customer sort it out with their bank first. Hopefully, the next time they come in, it'll be cleared and you can save as Card on File then. We encourage you to update us once you're able to test it out so we know whether that was the appropriate solution. Your answer could help in the event that this happens to another Seller in the future.

Puka - She/They
Message 6 of 6