x
Beta Member

Using 2 Square Registers with different receipt printing settings?

I'm trying to figure out if this is a feature or a bug.

I have one Square Register set up as a quick serve/grab and go with a sign on screen/no receipt printed set as default. But a customer can request one.

Attached to this unit:

1- LS2208 usb scanner

1- Star Micronics TSP143IIIU USB Receipt Printer

1- Star Micronics 1313 Cash Drawer 

This operated correctly since the initial set up.

I then added a 2nd Square Register unit for the main bar area with the printer set to print receipt (to handle tabs and tipping).

Attached to this unit:

1- LS2208 usb scanner

1- Star Micronics TSP143IIIU USB Receipt Printer

1- Star Micronics 1313 Cash Drawer 

Both units work as intended until the 3am reset (as far as I can track) and then they will both sync to whichever setting was selected last.

Obviously, I'd prefer to have the 2 operate independently. Can this be done?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @TBHospitalityNY

After reading your post I decided to consult our hardware expert, since this is the first time I've heard of this occurring. 

So the system is working as intended. This is an account wide setting, so when it changes on one device it will update all other devices on your account. 

I can see how having to update your printer setting each morning is tedious to say the least; so I'll make sure to share this feature request with the Hardware Team! 🙂

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks for submitting that. Having separate settings for the different terminals would make life simpler than having to change it daily or have to create a new location.

Message 3 of 3