x

Why is my old biz name still popping up in the headline of my link to online store & site tab?

Ive changed the business name under settings which is now correct but in anything else my old business name still shows. The tab name to my online store, the headline of my store link and also the headline to the referral link to invite others to Square! Support was no help!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

I have a similar problem. When I post a link in social media to my site it shows an old logo even though my new logo is updated in settings and displays properly on my site. 

Message 2 of 8
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue, and sorry for the trouble.

@theketogirl — It looks like you were able to get things resolved with our Support team by the time I got to your post. Is everything working as expected now?

@LibertySwag — Are you still experiencing the logo trouble? If so, we'd like to have a closer look at your account. Can you contact our Support team directly with your login email and mention the social media site that's not behaving?

Thank you again for your help with this!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 8

All taken care of. Trent at Square Support helped me figure it out yesterday. In case anyone else is having problems with this, apparently the image social media associates with a link to your store is the logo on the store site which you upload in the store editor as opposed to what you upload under your profile in the main dashboard. In my case I had the correct logo posted in the correct place but social media was still associating an old logo with the link to my site. I just removed the logo and then reloaded it which seems to have cleared things out for Facebook and the proper logo now associates when I share a link to my site.

Hope that is helpful to anyone else who may have the same issue. 

Message 4 of 8

Hi Tom-  I'm having the same issue with skirtandsatchel.com . How should I proceed?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8

I am having the same problem, but do not have any social media attached yet, On my dashboard it's correct and updated to new company name, but receipts/invoices all have old name.

Help!

Jessica

Message 6 of 8

I totally just discovered that my facebook page link won't update either. 

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Hey @Tenmile and @skirtandsatchel, sorry to hear that you're running into this issue as well.

If @LibertySwag's suggestion doesn't fix it for you, please try these troubleshooting steps. After that, if you're still having any trouble, please contact our Support team directly. Once we have a closer look at your individual accounts, we'll be able to get this sorted out.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 8 of 8