x

bypass 'order in progress' selection

I'd like to bypass the requirement that we mark an order as 'in progress' to get to the button to mark an order as 'ready'. We are a small cafe and this extra step is not needed. After the order ticket is printed the next step our staff should see is to mark the order as ready. It's an extra unneccessary step mark it as 'in progress'.  If it's not possible to skip marking as in progress, the 'mark as ready" should be on that first order status screen so we don't need to do the extra step of marking as 'in progress'.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

I want to make sure I understand what you're referring to here, @echococo!

Are you asking about fulfilling orders through the Orders section of the Online Overview page?
Or somewhere else?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I’m talking about the POS system and how the messages to customers work. We’ve set the cafe up to accept mobile orders. The bar staff make an order when it’s received. The next step is to mark it as “ready” in the POS which triggers a message to customer via sms. The bar staff don’t need the ‘in progress’ step and we’d like to bypass that, but ‘ready’ is only visible to select after we’ve selected ‘in progress’. 

Message 3 of 6

We are using the Square POS, I’m talking about fulfilling orders through the Orders tab on the POS screen.

Message 4 of 6
Alumni

Almost certain that step cannot be bypassed, but reach out to CS to confirm. @echococo

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

We would also like to bypass this step. If possible we would just like to accept the order when it is received, and once we print it, it would ideally be complete and closed out.

Message 6 of 6