x

eGift Card balances outstanding?

Can Dashboard can show me all the outstanding balances for unused eGift Cards? I'd like to check every so often to see how much unredeemed cash is out there. 

I can see all the eGift Cards I've sold, and I can see when one has been used as payment (though not necessarily for the full value). What I'm looking for is the dollar amount that's still outstanding. 

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @The_White_Hart! Have you checked out the Gift Card report? This is available from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Click Sales > Gift Cards.
  2. Click on the date range in the upper left to see a specific timeframe.
  3. On the screen you'll see total Activations, Redemptions and Refunds to Gift Cards.

Additionally, if you click Export in the upper right you can also download the Detail CSV report to your computer which also shows Gift Card PAN (last 4 digits) current amount on each card.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @The_White_Hart! Have you checked out the Gift Card report? This is available from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Click Sales > Gift Cards.
  2. Click on the date range in the upper left to see a specific timeframe.
  3. On the screen you'll see total Activations, Redemptions and Refunds to Gift Cards.

Additionally, if you click Export in the upper right you can also download the Detail CSV report to your computer which also shows Gift Card PAN (last 4 digits) current amount on each card.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 10

Is there a way to see the entirety of the gift card numbers?

Message 3 of 10

Did someone ever get you the full gift card numbers? I am getting the RUN AROUND! 

Message 4 of 10

Yay! Thanks. I'd seen the CSV download option, of course, but assumed that it was just a spreadsheet version of the same data that was already displayed. It didn't occur to me that it might include addiitonal information not shown. Thanks. 

Message 5 of 10
Admin

You're welcome! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 10

I find that this did not work for me.  I would rather have a list of outstanding gift cards, balances, and who purchased them in an easy to find place on the dashboard.

Message 7 of 10
Admin

@DaoDeJing! Yes, but you'll need to contact our CS team to request this. Give us a call or email the team and they'll be able to help you download a report with the full gift card numbers. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 10

Helen, 

Can you point me in the direction of a supervisor or manager who can help me retreive full gift card numbers? You said here it can be done, however, customer support is saying that they can not do that. 

Tony05:14 PM
I understand how important this can be for you. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide you with that information.

Yenni07:59 PM
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, we will not be able to provide you with that information.

This information is vital and obviously valuable to me as a square customer who uses YOUR GIFT CARDS as a service in my business.
Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @geauxbayou 

I apologize for the confusion here. As years have gone by our goal to protect our Sellers and their businesses has grown stronger, and for that reason, full gift card numbers are no longer visible on the Dashboard to protect both your business and your customers. I can see our decision seems to be affecting your business and I would like to give you the opportunity to share how would this feature would help your business.

For that, I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10