x
Beta Member

eGift Cards: Last name is cut off when a customer enters a middle intitial

@Helen I came across an another bug w/ eGift -- the software cuts off last names if user types the middle intitial.

e.g., if Buyer or Receipient name is typed as "John Smith"  -- Square is posting "John Smith" to the customer directory correctly.

But, if names are typed as "John Q. Smith" -- Square posts John Q to the customer directory.  

The developers may want to check hypenated last names and other variations of names.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi again @LSPA, thanks for flagging this. Have you noticed that this is happening for many customers who have ordered eGift Cards online? I tested it myself today and I wasn't able to reproduce the error but we can definitely invesigate this further.

Can you send me a private message with an example of a customer whose last name was cut off (a screenshot would be useful too)? It would be great if you could also provide the details of their eGift Card order (date and amount). Or you can send us that information by email and our CS team can escalate this to our engineering team for you. Thanks again! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2