x

in the "category to print" of printer set up section, the number of categories appears as minus....

Hi, 

in the "category to print" of printer set up section, the number of categories appears as minus....

it appears as

Categories to print            -4 categories

even though, I only choose 2 categories.

And If I turn on the "Use this printer for online orders", does it automatically print out the tickets for online orders??

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @californiablue1 

I've noticed this negative number issue in the past and reported it... it's a bummer that it creeped into the app again. 😞 Do be sure you've updated to the latest version of the Square App: if it's still a problem then the bug has reappeared.

I can tell you that as long as you have the correct categories you want to see printed enabled, those categories will print.

As for the online orders, you'll need to do one more step to make sure the orders automatically print: enabling the printer for online orders is only one part of the step. Make sure the Automatically Print New Orders option is selected from the printer station configuration screen. Once you tap on Online Order Tickets you'll see that option.

Word of advice: make sure only one of your devices is configured to Auto Print new orders: I've seen problems in the past where I'd get multiple order tickets if I had multiple Auto Print devices. Each one was being helpful and printing the inbound order.... 😐

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2