x
Beta Member

item keeps disappearing from register

I have an item in my Items list. I have added it to the Checkout screen on my Register. The 'button' keeps disappearing. It is still shows up on the iPads I am using for secondary order stations. But on the Register, it lasts for a few moments and then literally vanishes as i watch. What could be causing this? There is only one item that this continuously happens to, and there are numerous items very similar. I am stumped.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi!! Thanks for posting. That issue sounds super strange. I would recommend making sure everything is updated and if so, contact support because that sounds like a bug. 

Another thing you can check is if that item is enabled for all locations. If you don't care about inventory reports, you can delete the item and create it on the Square Register to see if it sticks there.  

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Here is something even stranger... if I move the button to a different location on the grid, it stays. It only disappears in that one spot. Hmmm....

Message 3 of 6

That's definitely a bug, then!

AshleyK
Message 4 of 6

Did you ever figure this out? It’s happening to me now on the main pos. 

Message 5 of 6

Hey there @Lumenbeer this thread is a bit old and most likely the fix for your situation might be a bit different than the one reported here. I recommend checking to make sure that both your app and your mobile device itself are up-to-date. If everything looks good there, you'll want to reach out.

If you haven't already, your best bet is to get in touch with us directly, so that a member of our support team can dig in with you. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Message 6 of 6