x

no auto email recepit

When I complete a sale using the square reader on my phone my customers dont get a notification about the sale so i have to go in and do a text receipt. I tried finding the answer in chat but cant seem to find it and when looking at setting they seem to be set correctly.... need some help please

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @catniplady !

It sounds like there may be a setting that's not quite right here.

On your point of sale app: More -> Settings -> Checkout -> Signature and Receipt

Make sure the Skip Receipt Screen toggle is off. My bet is it's on for you right now?

Having that toggled off will bring up a "How would you like your receipt?" screen and your customer can enter a text number, email address, or (if you have a printer set up) print a copy. If your customer has already provided an email anywhere on the Square network and uses the same card with you, their receipt will be automatically emailed to them.

Any time a customer has an email or text number on file, the system will automatically populate these fields so the customer can two-tap a receipt to themselves.

If you have this toggled on, if a customer already has their email or text number in the Square system it will automatically send, otherwise you'll have to go in and manually send a receipt after the sale.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2