x

reader unavailable: secure session denial?

reader unavailable: secure session denial? why?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hi @Georgine.  This question has come up a few times here.  I searched for “secure session denial” and came up with this article with some suggestions that usually work.

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 6

TURN OFF TAP TO PAY FEATURE

From my experience, I attempted all the suggested solutions in this community to connect my Square Card reader, but unfortunately, none of them worked for me.

Surprisingly, customer service advised me to replace my reader even though it was functioning perfectly fine just yesterday.

However, I was able to successfully connect my Square reader after turning off the tap to pay feature.

Based on my observations, I believe there may be a conflict between the One UI and Square App.

For context, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S20 and running Square App version 6.16 on Samsung One UI version 5.1. 

Message 3 of 6

TURN OFF TAP TO PAY FEATURE

From my experience, I attempted all the suggested solutions in this community to connect my Square Card reader, but unfortunately, none of them worked for me. Surprisingly, customer service advised me to replace my reader even though it was functioning perfectly fine just yesterday.

However, I was able to successfully connect my Square reader after turning off the tap to pay feature.

Based on my observations, I believe there may be a conflict between the One UI and Square App.

For context, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S20 and running Square App version 6.16 on Samsung One UI version 5.1. and Developer option is ON.

Message 4 of 6

Using Samsung S20 and Square. Card reader stopped working today. turned off "Tap to Pay" feature and the card reader started working again. It was working even with the error message showing but today Square said it was updating and my card reader stopped working. There is definitely an issue with "Tap to Pay" feature being turned on. Using Square 6.2.1

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @gaoyaohan  - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

I went ahead and merged your duplicate post to this existing thread where your first post is located. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. I also want to make sure you've seen our Community Etiquette Guidelines. We ask Seller Community Members to not post the same message in multiple places, as it is not productive for our Moderators.

Now that we have that out of the way, I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue with your Contactless + Chip reader but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6