x

screen black on ipad after latest update

After the last update our i pad screen is 1/2 black when logging on. To get it to work, we remove it from the stand, turn off the Ipad, turn it back on , place it in the stand, then it works, and logs on properly. Both of our locations are experiencing the same problem. Any Ideas

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Sorry for the problems you're experiencing @Jjj! Can you share what type of device you're using and which reader? We want to find a solution for you!

Message 2 of 6

I am having the same issue. I am using an iPad 4 with the latest operating system 10.3.3. My Square App is up to date. I just needed to push the start button, not actually restart it to get the full color screen. 

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Hi @lspitznagel - Are you still having this problem or were you able to resolve it? We definitely don't want your screen showing up blank/black!

Message 4 of 6

Yes, the problem continues. Restarting the tablet doesn't always work to fix the half black screen.

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

If you haven't already, I would try deleting the app and then reinstalling it. Is the screen only turning black when you open Square POS or does it do this when you open other apps too?

If you want a faster resolution, you might try giving our CS team a call to get this figured out! 

Message 6 of 6