x

square stand troubleshoot

I was just sent a new square stand because the old one would not connect properly to my iPad but I just hooked everything back up, all new now Andy it still will not work?!  I'm out of ideas to make this thing work properly. 

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Parker88, welcome to the Seller Community. 

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your Square Stand. Did your old stand ever connect to the iPad? The probability of you getting two faulty stands in a row is pretty low. Have you taken your iPad to your local Apple Town Square to check the lightning port? 

Message 2 of 6

My first one did connect, but I had to take the iPad out every night which could have cause the first issue.  This new one won't do a thing. Yet I can charge my iPad like normal. 

Message 3 of 6

Interesting @Parker88, so that pretty much rules out the lighting port. What model iPad do you have? We have different Square Stand models that are tailored to specific iPad models. 

Sorry if these questions seem kind of basic. I just want to try and narrow down the issue. 😁

Message 4 of 6

It's an iPad Air.  It worked no problem before, not quite sure why the change ?

Message 5 of 6

Hmmm 🤔 have you tried a different outlet? I'm wondering if the stand is getting power now. No power to the stand = no connection to the iPad. Have you double checked all of the wire connections? 

Message 6 of 6