x

Adding Digital Items to Shop

Hello!

I signed up with Square because I read that you can sell digital products.

I'm setting up my site and looked up articles on how to add digital items. They all say to go to Create an Item > Item Type > Digital... but I have no "Digital" option? The only options are Physical, Prepared Food & Drink, Donation, Event, Service, Membership. 

I have the free plan. Is the option to sell digital items only available in paid plans? Or only available to U.S. customers?

I also read that you have to email every file yourself. There's no automatic download link sent. You have to email the file to the purchaser every time there's a sale. Is this correct?

Thanks for the clarification!

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi there @Pamplemousse

just to clear things up I believe that all digital products must be created in the Square Online item library rather than the Square Dashboard. Also it is true that you must email the product to the customer each time, however there is a high amount of requests for them to be autosent.

I hope this could clear up any confusion. If my post has helped out make sure to mark it as best answer. 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi there @Pamplemousse

just to clear things up I believe that all digital products must be created in the Square Online item library rather than the Square Dashboard. Also it is true that you must email the product to the customer each time, however there is a high amount of requests for them to be autosent.

I hope this could clear up any confusion. If my post has helped out make sure to mark it as best answer. 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 5

Thanks very much for your help! 

Message 3 of 5

Has there been any progress on being able to auto send download link for purchased digital product upon completion of sale?

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Metatron,

Welcome to the Community.

We do not currently have an update on this feature request. However, we do have a new way to create a feature request and get updates from our Product team in our Ideate Room. Feel free to also share your suggestions in our Ideate Room here: squ.re/ideate.

We appreciate your patience. 

Message 5 of 5