x

Transfer to Bluehost stuck at "Pending Losing Registrar Approval"

I initiated a transfer 3 days ago to move www.frostwoodinteractive.com from Weebly to Bluehost. At this point, Bluehost gave me this message - 

Pending Losing Registrar ApprovalTransfer Tracking#
Assigned:

According to the Gaining and Losing Registrars, it appears that the codes you've supplied were correct. Once you tell the Losing Registrar (the current Registrar for frostwoodinteractive.com) to release the domain, we will be able to accept the domain into your account. You should receive an email from the Losing Registrar asking you to approve or decline this request. Please follow the instructions and ACCEPT the transfer. If you choose to DECLINE the transfer, you might be able to receive a refund within 90 days if you contact customer service. You may also have to contact or to login to your old registrar to manually release the domain. Otherwise, if you can just wait 7 days, the Losing Registrar should release the domain automatically.

I then sent an email through Weebly support 3 days ago but haven't heard back since. I need this transferred urgently as I'm on a starter plan and Weebly is threatening to unpublish my website on the 14th of this month.

Thanks for the help

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @armaan80141 Thanks for reaching out and giving us insight into what is going on. I know that waiting for something that is out of your control is stressful and frustrating. I hate to add to that angst but there is no way to expedite a domain transfer, it can take 7-10 days to complete. Again I know this is not the news you are looking for but you will need to wait the full ETA for this to complete. If you need anything else from us please reach back out! 

Message 2 of 3

@MayaP Hi Maya, thanks for the response. Actually, waiting for 7-10 days is not a problem at all - I just wasn't sure if this process is automatic or if I needed to do it manually as it says in the message above that I "may have to contact the losing registrar to release the domain". So to confirm, this is an automatic process and the transfer is guaranteed to happen?

Thanks

Message 3 of 3